The Studio- Etiquette
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class. This will leave enough time to sign in, pay if you need to, roll out your mat, and get ready for class. We will lock the door 15 minutes after class has begun, and will not re-open it. Late arrivals are disruptive to the class flow and are difficult to teach through.
- If you are coming to The Studio between 7 a.m and 6 p.m Monday through Friday, bring enough change to plug your parking meter for the duration of your stay.
- Try not to eat at least 2 hours before your practice and make sure you are well hydrated. You will enjoy your practice much more.
- Please remove your shoes upon entering The Studio. Turn off your cell phone or put on vibrate before entering the yoga room.
- If there is a bodywork session or yoga class in progress, please be respectful of the volume of your conversations in the lobby and hallways.
- If you are new to a teacher, please introduce yourself and tell them about any injuries or special conditions of which they should be aware.
- Avoid using scented lotions or oils before class, as they can cause slipping and the scent can be too much for some people, especially when breathing as much as we do during a yoga class.
- Listen to your body. Pushing yourself beyond comfort and pain is not part of any yoga practice. Remember, yoga is not a competitive practice – instead it is a practice.
- Don't be afraid to quietly ask your yoga teacher for help if you don't have enough room to practice or if you are having trouble doing something. A quick mention to the teacher can be the difference between having a horrible time and being comfortable enough to focus on your practice.
- If you have to step out during class, make sure you keep the studio door closed to keep the classroom temperature regulated and keep out any outside noise.
- If you have to walk about during class, try to avoid walking on other people’s mats. Do not leave during Savasana (Final Relaxation). This is disruptive to those who are still and silent. If you must leave early, please inform the teacher before class that you need to leave early, then make sure you allow enough time to put your belongings away and to be out the door before the start of the group Savasana.
- Put all props back in their proper place after class. If you’ve unfolded a blanket, please refold it and return it to its original place.